Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Terrible two's really??!!!

When you have the one and she/he hits 2 or just before 2 you always say "wow it must be the terrible two's"!

Lately I have a wonderful, dearing, spiteful, spirited, willful, dramatic 2 1/2 year old daughter that is pushing every ones buttons. I watch her through the corners of my eyes, listen with an extra ear to the battles she creates and instigates. She is beautiful and smart and I want to wring her neck sometimes as she is constantly in every ones face.

She speaks more then what the boys did at her age, acts older then the boys did at her age. And that is ok, because she has so much more to learn from, mold from and pick up things from.

So here I sit this morning count to 10 because she is just in every ones personal space, and suddenly I remember- she is only two! Going through her "terrible" two's trying to define her character, grasping her independence, being assertive and trying to find out what her limitations are. That is what being two is about! A new turning, learning stage that I have forgotten all about.

Why, you ask? Because I been pregnant, nursing or going through terrible two's since 2003. I missed a step along the way to tell me what mile stone they were at. And to miss that step is a huge thing, because half the time I think everyone is going through terrible two's.

Is there not a time when they stop the incisive whining, crying, screaming and tantrum throwing. No I am not talking about Autumn I am talking about the 4 and 6 year old. Do you see now why I have missed a step because I strongly feel that a few of my kids missed their step which was the EXIT DOOR to the terrible two's!

I really hope they find that Exit door and fast! Only for Theia to jump right into it...lol

I honestly don't know how Michelle 19 and counting can keep such a calm demeanor with that many kids. I feel ashamed as a mom sometimes as my voice seems like it is 10 times more her level, and the lack of patience I sometimes have. Ok, I will be honest, not sometimes....most of the time...lol.

Shows like this should be Banned, I tell ya Banned!!! They are almost as bad as those modeling shows that we hate our daughters watching because we feel it puts such a high expectation on them. Hmmm I think it does the same...but as mom's. Not that I LIKE KATE but go KATE!!!! Show that you are human and loose your mind and patience with all those kids swarming around you demanding that time. Oh but wait!!! That is unrealistic too because she has a FREAKING Nanny to help her on all her trips and daily chores! She even has people cleaning her house!

Cleaning my house is retarded I tell you retarded! Every room I clean I go back only to find that mess all over again...then to break out into the yell of " I just cleaned this room......pick up your mess!!!" And then to have the 1 year old following me around begging for a nursing every 15 minutes...and then shake my head as I cave, because I KNOW she will not eat her lunch once again!

My life is full, full of me, my kids, my friends and my family! I don't have all the bells and whistles and this is why I have the privilege to write this blog and crab about what I want and make light of the life I lead!

Although a million dollars would be nice right about now ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love you for posting this :o) I hear you, I feel you...I UNDERSTAND you!!! I used to watch the 19 and counting...great organizing tips! Their food recipies are awesome, too...already tripled ;o) But Kate tells it like it is, and no matter what...she's REAL. I really wish people would back off her. As for Michelle...each and every OTHER child is responsible for a younger one, so, essentially....she has HOW many "nannies"?!?! Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brynn! I soo hear you! I don't want to really dis anyone, but those kids are home schooled and have no understanding of what that freedom and being kidless is really about. They are in home permanent babysitters! (19 and Counting)
    KAte is REAL!!! and Yes, I like her, I find she stands for integrity to when she was going through all that crap with dumb dumb hubby!!! He was way out there and she was trying to be private!

    ReplyDelete