Monday, April 11, 2011

teaching my kids (life long memories)

So here I am yet another day taking the kids out of school to have another exciting moment in their small lives.

I have chosen to take them out of school today because McQueen in on tour to promote his new movie. Cars 2! Now to some parents and kids this not a big thing, but to my Chase and Hayden to meet the real deal it is a big event in their lives. Something that they will remember for a while, even it is only for a year it is still the simple pleasures I can give them in life.

Now here is the debate that plays in my mind. There is no issue for Chase as he is in Jk and doing quite well even though it is only 2 hours a day. But then there is Hayden who is still struggling to try and remember the simple things like ABC's. Should I be taking him out of school when he obviously so desperately needs it?

Hayden is stressed out in school and trying desperately to still try and fit in and catch up to the level that the rest of his peers maybe at.

I personally think that my little man suffers from retentions issues and the school is finally pushing it, with only two and half months left of school. YEAH principal. It is only being forced because of the teacher.

So the debate continues about whether it being a good or a bad thing for him to be pulled from school or am I creating a bad habit with him. Meaning will he expect it later?

Here is my small analogy of what I think this may do to Hayden. Yes, he maybe missing out on some very important steps and he may have to struggle a little harder to keep up. (Of, course with momma by his side guiding his way) But if he is already stressed, suffering from low self esteem and anxiety (yes, to the point that he breaks down in class because of his stress level) do you not think that this is actually beneficial to him?

Putting that beautiful smile back on his face, adding excitement where every other day he has a cloud over his head because he is frustrated.


I never really had my mom pull me out of school and do this type of stuff for me. Not that there was a lot to do back then. But I don't think I wanted to stay home either. I am just hoping that I am offering that light for him to shine, be happy and create those childhood memories that I never had.

No comments:

Post a Comment