Friday, November 12, 2010

A poopy mom??

Do you ever sit back and think "god what a bad mom I have been today" or the opposite "Man! I rock as momma today!"

Today is one of those days where I sit back and say blah what a shitty mom I am.

The morning starts of well, really well! All the kids are getting along and playing so nicely. Geese Chase was even helping Autumn on to the toilet ....lol..he even helped wipe her bum. It really was such a peaceful morning.

Then I have to get Hayden to practise his spelling words for his test. It's going pretty good, but I feel I am getting frustrated with his lack of confidence to be able to just try to write the word with out looking for reassurance. I am trying everything in me to hold back my lack of patience because I know how it feels to have someone mad at you because you don't know the answer. That was my school years at home.

So I am trying to encourage him to just write a letter any letter that he thinks it may sound like ( we were working on the word DAD) he did great with the D A but what is going on with this boy that he can't figure out the last 'D' it blows my mind.

I love this boy to the moon and back and I KNOW he is smart, but is lacking confidence in his work. I tried very nicely to explain to him that no matter what just write something, anything....it makes me happy and his teacher happy to see he is TRYING! I told him it is amazing for him to try and even if he gets it wrong we are happy that he tried!

This goes on for about 10 minutes then I give up....this is where the poopy parent comes in. I give up because I am getting frustrated because I am not getting through to him and running out of patience.

Then it gets worse, we are now running abit behind and my sweet two year old daughter is trying so damn hard to zip up her sweater. I wait patiently and have asked three times just leave it sweets put your shoes on. NOPE head strong! Mean while the clock is still ticking and I am getting stressed about being late, so I yell "just put your shoes on!!!" She then starts to cry, poopy parent number two.

Then we drop off Hayden and Chase, I give lots of loves and kisses words of encouragement to Hayden about trying.

Walk home with a sense of failure once again as a mom, because all Hayden is doing is TRYING....and the same goes for Autumn.

Where in time did we stop being patient for our children when they are trying to learn. This sense of time always on us. Can't we just throw it out the window and let the kids go at their pace. Were we so rushed and pressured when we were young!!

It is only morning.....thankfully I have the whole day to get over my guilt and make it a great day for my kidlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment